Enjoy an unforgettable experience in an exceptional, secluded spot on the shores of Wapizagonke Lake. La Clairière group campground is the ideal spot for accommodating numerous campers. The vast space and facilities offer everything you need to enjoy camping and your favourite activities.
- $5.80 per night, per person
- From May 17 to October 8, 2018
- La Clairière group campground is reserved for legally constituted groups.
- To use this campground, a group must include at least 10 people.
- This campground can accommodate up to 100 people.
- Only tents may be used at this campground.
- Individuals in charge of groups must present their camping permit at the Saint-Mathieu Visitor Reception Centre upon arriving at the park.
- Check-in time: from 2 p.m.
- Check-out time: by 11 a.m.
- No check-in is allowed after 9:30 p.m.
Reservations are mandatory in order to stay at La Clairière group campground.
There are two kitchen shelters, each equipped with picnic tables, a woodstove and storage cabinets for the use of campers. The shelters are the perfect place to come in out of the rain or lousy weather or to store coolers and food.
The service building houses toilets and showers that are accessible to people with reduced mobility. Two sinks have been set up outdoors for washing dishes.
The campground is divided into three separate areas, each equipped with a fire pit. Firewood is available on site.
A parking lot is located at the campground entrance.
Campers must see to bringing whatever other supplies and equipment are required for their entire length of stay. The following is a non-exhaustive list of things to bring:
- Tent, sleeping bag, ground sheet, blankets and pillow
- Food, drink and container for water
- Dishware, cookset and cooler
- Matches or lighter
- Insect repellent
The La Clairière campground sector is located 3 kilometres away from the Shewenegan picnic area and offers campers a range of different activities and services.
At La Clairière campground:
- Grassed-over play area
* Canoes are available for rental for the duration of your stay and may be transported locally.
A few minutes away by foot:
- Activities with naturalists
- Swimming at the Cascades and at the beach
- Boat rental (canoes, kayaks)
- Snack bar
In addition to the national park’s general rules, La Clairière group campground users must follow a few additional rules:
-The holder of an activity permit and the members of his/her group must comply with the activities, duration and places specified on the permit as well as with park regulations. In addition, they must have this permit on them when travelling throughout the park.
-The following schedule must be complied with:
-Check-in time: from 2 p.m.;
-Check-out time: by 11 a.m.;
-quiet time (curfew) is from 11 p.m. to 7 a.m.
-Subject to fine and/or expulsion, it is forbidden to:
-behave in a way that disturbs others (partying, etc.);
-keep one’s site in a condition deemed unsatisfactory by the park superintendant.
-It is forbidden to light or maintain a fire anywhere except in fireplaces. It is forbidden to use dead wood or wood taken from the forest to light or maintain a fire.
-You must leave your garbage in the receptacles designed for that purpose.
-Coolers must be stored inside the cabinets inside the kitchen shelters in order to prevent any conflict with wild animals.
-Possession or consumption of alcoholic beverages is prohibited at all times.
-No pets are allowed.
-Only tents may be used at this campground.