Gone Crabbin’: Citizen science seaside adventure at Kejimkujik Seaside
Up for a salty adventure in a pristine and protected coastal estuary? Take part in this exclusive maritime experience and help protect native species from the invasive European Green Crab.
Start your journey on a side-by-side all-terrain vehicle and enjoy the ride to a protected and secluded lagoon destination. At the field station you’ll learn about trapping techniques and data collection then it’s off to the rowboats. Be prepared to get your hands wet and have fun as you weave your rowboat between the stunning granite islands pulling traps from the water and handling fish and crabs alike. Take advantage of this rare opportunity to help save a fragile ecosystem and enjoy an idyllic landscape.
July and August
Thursday, Friday, Saturday
10 am - 2 pm
$29.30 / person
Maximum 6 participants / group
Bookings open on May 19, 2017
• Stop in at the Visitor Centre and make booking in person (cash, debit, or credit card)
• Call the Visitor Centre 902-682-2772 and book over the phone. Credit card needed for phone bookings.
• All participants will be contacted the night before to confirm program details.
• Don’t forget to pack a picnic lunch, water and snacks. Time for lunch will be provided on a beautiful lagoon island.
• Program runs rain or shine however cancellation can occur in severe weather conditions.