Jasper National Park offers a spectacular setting for wedding ceremonies and/or photo sessions. There is no formal approval process or permission required to hold a wedding ceremony at a public area in the park.
There is, however, a need for the park to manage its day-use areas and prevent user conflicts. Persons interested in holding a ceremony in the park are requested to comply with the following guidelines.
- There must be compliance with National Park regulations at all times.
- It is recommended that the maximum number of guests attending the ceremony not exceed 25 people.
- At no time does an event have exclusive rights to an area. The function must not displace regular visitors' enjoyment of the park and its facilities. Day-use areas should only be used for the ceremony. Extended stays or receptions are not appropriate.
- Participants and guests require a valid National Parks Pass.
- There must not be any significant impact on the park's natural and cultural resources. Do not pick the flowers, stay on pathways, no shelters or chairs are to be set up in the area. (A few folding chairs for the elderly or infirm are allowed.)
- The event must comply with the Gaming and Liquor Control Act of Alberta. No liquor is permitted in public areas.
- A thorough cleanup of the site immediately after the event must be done. Organizers accept full responsibility for any incidents, and/or costs of clean up or site rehabilitation resulting from the event. Nothing shall be thrown/scattered: no confetti, rice, flower petals, no butterflies or balloons released.
- Decorated cars are discouraged. Decorations blow off and litter our roadways.
- Day-use areas are closed after 2300 hrs.
- The person responsible for the event will attempt to keep vehicular traffic to a minimum. Car pooling or group transportation is preferable.
- No gas-powered generators are allowed.
- No excessive noise, horn honking, loud music or P.A. systems are permitted.
Parks Canada does not keep track of weddings in the park, however, local marriage commissioners can be helpful in advising you of when other weddings are scheduled for the more popular day-use areas. For their contact information and other wedding services available in Jasper, visit: Tourism Jasper at www.jasper.travel