Astotin Lake Campground
2018 Reservation Launch: January 11, 2018
Mark your calendar!
To make it easier to plan your experiences, reservations will now be available beginning January 11, 2018 for visits during the period of May 2018 through to October 2018.
Enjoy a true wilderness experience less than an hour east of Edmonton! Overlooking a picturesque marsh, Sandy Beach is a spectacular place to watch sunsets and starry skies. Nestled in the Astotin Lake Area, the campground is close to the beach, soccer field, playground, golf course and theatre during the months of July and August. Enjoy the nostalgia of camping in the very heart of Elk Island, where it all began back in 1906.
Astotin Lake Campground features,
- 64 unserviced campsites
- 5 oTENTiks – NEW!
- 100% reservable, contact the Parks Canada Reservation Service.
- Accessible washrooms with hot showers and flush toilets
- Centrally located shared camp kitchens
- Water taps throughout the campground
- Firewood (permit can be purchased at the campground kiosk)
- RV dump/fill stations
Each Campsite includes,
- Picnic table
- Fire-pit (A fire permit must be purchased when checking in at the Campground Kiosk.)
- Raised, gravel camping area.
Reservations are recommended.
Campground Operating Season: Mid-May to Thanksgiving Day (weather permitting)
Campground Reservable Period: Mid-May to Thanksgiving Day (weather permitting)
Reserve by phone:
Call 1-877-RESERVE (1-877-737-3783). Available from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. local park time
Outside of North America: (519) 826-5391
If you would like more general information, please call the Parks Canada national information line at 1-888-773-8888.
Campground Check In / Check Out
- Check in at the Astotin Lake Campground Kiosk upon arrival.
- Check in time is 2:00 pm.
- Check out time is 11:00 am.
If you will be arriving after the campground kiosk is closed please follow the self-registration procedures posted on the Astotin Lake Campground kiosk bulletin board.