Navy Island National Historic Site is a heavily wooded, uninhabited island on the Canadian side of the Niagara River just above Niagara Falls, Ontario. In the 1760s, Navy Island became the first British shipyard to serve the Upper Great Lakes and, during the Rebellions of 1837, was the seat of William Lyon Mackenzie’s exiled government. The island features many surviving archaeological resources. Official recognition refers to the entire island.

Getting here

Niagara Falls ON L2E 6S6

Hours of operation

Closed to public

Fees

Closed to public

Contact us

Telephone: 905-468-6614
Email: ont-niagara@pc.gc.ca