Camp in comfort! Cook bannock and trapper’s tea over a fire. Immerse yourself in the lifestyle of the fur trade. Camping fee includes a Fur Trade Camp Kit: bison hide, period cooking kit and utensils, blow tube and flint/steel fire-starting kit, bannock mix, trapper’s tea, spices, oil and soap.
Métis Trapper Tents
- Sleep up to 5 on double or twin beds (beds and mattresses included).
- Wooden platform flooring,rustic table and chairs provided.
- Communal fire pits.
- Sleep up to 8, sleeping mats provided.
- Wooden platform flooring, rustic tables and chairs provided.
- Outside fire pits and picnic tables.
Trapline Cabins (Coming Soon!)
- Sleep up to 6, double bunk beds plus double bed in loft, mattresses provided.
- Trapper tents and tipis are 50 metres from parking area to ensure a true nature experience.
- Washroom facilities nearby, bear-proof garbage containers, day use area, volleyball court and boat launch.
- Community fire pits and picnic tables.
- Walking distance to Visitor Centre, gift shop and on-site events and interpretive programs.
- For tipis, trapper tents and trapline cabins, check-in at Visitor Centre, 1–5 p.m.; check-out 11 a.m.
- For information and bookings check website or call 403-845-2412.
- Tipi and Trapper Tent Camping, per site - $58.80
- Trapline Cabins, per site - $120
- Walk-in tenting: 14 sites
- RV campground: 24 un-serviced trailer sites
- This primitive site has a kitchen shelter, two outhouses, and fire pits. Firewood is available for purchase. Campsites are available on a first come first serve basis only.
- Front Country Camping (RV and walk-in tenting) - $15.70
No gear? No problem. Tackle the great outdoors with a fully equipped camping kit. Book this experience and Parks Canada will provide the basics.
Equipped Campsites Include:
- 6 person tent (set up)
- Sleeping pads
- Stove and propane
- Broom and dustpan
- Camping orientation session
- Camping permit
- Sleeping bags
- Picnic shelter with a wood stove and a sheltered eating area
- Pit privies
- $70/night (includes GST)
- Fire wood is $6.80/per bundle
For information or to reserve call 1-403-845-2412 or email@example.com
RV campground: 24 un-serviced trailer sites Métis Trapper Tents