Fathom Five National Marine Park of Canada
There is one camping location in Fathom Five, on Flowerpot Island. You'll fall asleep to the sounds of Georgian Bay lapping at the shoreline!
Beachy Cove Campsite© Parks Canada
Info for Camping on Flowerpot Island
- There are six tenting sites on Flowerpot Island, each with a wooden tent platform. The sites are a short walk from Beachy Cove - the main dock on the island.
- Access to the island is by private tour boat from Tobermory, your own boat or kayak (experience paddlers only).
- Before going to the island, obtain your camping permit from the Park Visitor Centre.
- Campsites are available beginning May 15, 2015. Reservations are recommended and can be made beginning April 27, 2015 at 9:00 a.m. EST by calling 519-596-2233 ext 221.
- There is one composting toilet facility near the campsites.
- Carry your own water, or purify bay water.
- Bad weather can leave you stuck on the island for an extra day or two.
- The island is isolated, so be prepared with everything you need.
For more information about camping on Flowerpot Island, please contact the park.
Top Rules & Regulations for Camping on Flowerpot Island
- Most people visit the park for a quiet getaway. Excessive noise is prohibited at all times.
- To protect the park ecosystem, removal, damage or disturbance of any natural or cultural items is prohibited.
- Campfires are not allowed on the island.
- Keep pets on a short leash (3m or less) and scoop up after them.
- The Ontario liquor laws apply in the parks. Liquor may only be consumed at your campsite. Liquor is banned from the park on Victoria Day weekend in May.
- On each site, you are permitted: a maximum of 3 shelters (ie. two tents plus a kitchen shelter), six people (except for a family unit with unmarried children).
- Fireworks of any kind are prohibited in the park.
- Campsite check-out time is at 11:am.
- If planning to dive in Fathom Five, you need to register and purchase a Dive Tag at the Park Visitor Centre first.