- Graduation with a degree or diploma from a recognized university or college with specialization in education, communications, natural sciences, environmental sciences, Canadian history or Canadian studies or other discipline relevant to this position, or an acceptable combination of education, training and experience relevant to this position.
- Experience in the research, development, delivery and evaluation of public outreach education programs;
- Experience working within a multidisciplinary team environment;
- Experience maintaining collaborations with networks and partners;
- Experience contributing to contracted initiatives and related budgets.
- Knowledge of Parks Canada, its mandate, programs, strategic directions as provided in corporate and management plans;
- Knowledge of the role of public outreach education in reaching the public on different and various issues;
- Knowledge of theories, principles and practices used in public outreach education in the areas of natural and historical heritage;
- Knowledge of natural and historical resources management issues.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing;
- Ability to facilitate learning opportunities related to complex concepts for a diversity of audiences using a diversity of approaches;
- Ability to prioritise workload, multitask and meet deadlines;
- Ability to assess target audiences’ needs and interests to support the planning and development of public outreach education programs and initiatives;
- Ability to work effectively within the context of networks and collaborative initiatives.
|Personal Suitability / Leadership Attributes
- A leader who personally connects with people, takes responsibility, makes things happen, exercises sound judgement and strives for excellence.
|Conditions of Employment
- Obtain and maintain Reliability Status security clearance.
- Possession of a valid class 5 driver’s license.
- Willingness to wear a Parks Canada uniform when required.
- Willingness to work irregular hours, overtime, weekends and/or statutory holidays and provincial/territorial holidays, when required.
- Willingness to work and/or travel in varied terrain, weather conditions, isolated locations and by various means of transportation.