Jobs at Parks Canada
Parks Canada offers co-operative work terms for students in post-secondary co-op programs. This program is designed to provide you with an assignment that:
- uses your academic knowledge in an actual work setting
- offers insights into future career opportunities, and
- develops skills leading to employment after graduation.
To be eligible, you must be:
- a full-time student currently enrolled in a cooperative program in an accredited institution
- currently recognized as having full-time student status by the academic institution in which you are presently enrolled
- returning to full-time studies in the next academic term
Students who worked for Parks Canada as a student during the previous co-op term are often re-hired by the same park or site. The manager will contact the student directly to check interest/availability in returning to the Agency for student work.
To be considered for re-employment by Parks Canada, you must continue to meet the student program eligibility criteria and have worked in a student job with Parks Canada within the past year.
Your pay will be based on rates set by Parks Canada in line with federal government student programs. If you're asked to travel, you'll also get your travel and accommodation expenses paid.
How to Apply
Normally the manager contacts the specific university or college regarding requirements. An advertisement is placed with the appropriate program and interested students apply directly as specified on the poster.